Here are a few links that are worth your time:
- If you’re building a data science team, read The Two Cultures of ML Systems to learn about the pitfalls in productionising data science. Every paragraph makes a very pertinent point.
- You can improve the wisdom of crowds. Ask people to vote. Also ask what others will vote for. Pick the answer that is more popular than people predict. (Nature: A Solution to the Single Question Crowd Wisdom Problem. The full text is not open.)
For our technically minded friends, here are a few more:
- The Data Stack is a collection of tools used in the data science ecosystem, ranging from data sourcing to processing to analysis to visualisation
- This is a short introduction to anomaly detection. When exploring data, anomalies and outliers invariably produce interesting stories
- TensorFlow 1.0 is out. It’s faster, and features an easy to use interface. The Python API looks more like NumPy
Most of the above work on Python.