A few times every year, Gramener gets together to share what we’ve learnt, and train those new to the family. Last week, our Boot Camp was conducted across multiple locations for the first time, with the team connecting from Bangalore, Coimbatore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, and New Jersey.
It was a packed two-day agenda:
- On analysis, we covered our analysis offerings, Autolysis (our automated analysis tool), and the Spectrum of Analytics, “From simple pivoting to deep learning”.
- On technology, we covered the online and self-hosted services we use for our infrastructure, and on handling large-scale data (in memory and in databases.)
- On design, we discussed Responsive Design, Data Infographics, D3 4.0 and its nuances, and our new charting library Gramex Charts.
- In our quarterly update, a key highlight as our Government work on Swacch Bharath, the Ministry of Commerce Trade dashboard, and Padma Awards.
- Finally, we awarded the Knights of Gramener — the “Sparks” award for innovation, the “Design Artist”, the “Magician Analyst”, the “Safe Hands”, the “All Rounder”, and more.
In all, it was an instructive and entertaining week for us — but that’s not all. We’d like you to join us as well. In a few months, we’re planning a series of events (public data projects, hackathons, and trainings) that are open to our clients and the public. Keep a watch on this space.